sed -e 's/\/.*\///g'
- remove /.*/ (directory structure from file)
join ldif lines together
sed -e :a -e '$!N;s/\n //;ta' -e 'P;D' file
- Append lines that start with a space to the previous line
insert a line after a specific line number
sed -i "3i hello" t.txt
- Insert a line at the 3rd line of the file t.txt that says “hello”
- -i is to replace the existing file rather than creating new.
sed -i "6i exit 0;" dirinit.sh
- insert “exit 0;” after the 6th line of the file
delete a specific line
sed -e '/uniquemember: cn=null/Id' test.ldif
- delete lines that match string
- I = case insensitive
convert to lowercase
sed -e 's/\(.*\)/\L\1/'