I was playing with the AppleTV (4th gen) the other day and accidentally triggered one of the developer tools, so I poked around a bit more & came up with the following combos.
The below are all done from the home screen
Play/Pause – hold for a few seconds
- This will allow you to change audio output, this is helpful for switching to a previously paired set of bluetooth headphones. Found this one via johsherrod.net
Play/Pause + Volume Down
- Hold for 3 seconds & release – This will save a “stackshot”, this is ued by developers for troubleshooting apps.
- Hold for 6 seconds & release – Will create analytics & allow them to be shared (via air drop)
Play/Pause + Volume Up
- Hold for 10 seconds & release – This will presumably take a screenshot. You can hear the screenshot sound, but I have not figured out where the screenshots end up.
Menu + volume up
- Start remote pairing mode
Menu + volume down
- Autoscan for new output settings
Home + volume up
- Hold for about 10 seconds & then release – send diagnostic logs to Apple
Play + Menu
- Hold for about 10 seconds – force a reboot